Last modified: July 1, 2020
September 6th – September 9th
- Solid: A substance that keeps its size and shape.
- Liquid: The amount stays the same but the shape changes to fit the container.
- Gas: A substance that is like air and has no fixed shape.
- Matter: Anything that has mass and takes up space. Cannot be created or destroyed.
- Mass: How much matter is in an object.
- Mixture: Made when two or more substances are combined but not chemically.
- Solution: Two or more substances that are uniformly mixed together, where one substance dissolves in another.
- Substance: Matter that has specific properties and make up.
- Volume: The amount of space an object takes up.
- Atom: The basic building block for matter. Contains electrons, protons, and neutrons.
- Particle: A tiny piece of something.
- Buoyancy: The ability of an object to float in water or air.