Home Study Update As elementary schools move into Phase 2, there have been many questions about the Home Study option for students. The home study option will not go away and nobody will be forced...
Today’s video can be found here, https://youtu.be/r0aqXoJiXrA.
- Getting Dressed: Put on a pair of mittens or gloves. Then get dressed for the day or change your clothes or put on a jacket or coat. Tie your shoes.
- Brush Your Teeth: Put on a pair of mittens or gloves. Then go brush your teeth.
- Do Your Hair: Put on a pair of mittens or gloves. Then go brush/comb your hair. You can even do your hair!
- Play A Game: Put a pair of mittens or gloves. Then go play a board game with your family or friends.
- Pick Something Up: Put on a pair of mittens or gloves. Then go pick up a deck of cards, a pencil, or something else small.
- Open A Door: Put on a pair of mittens or gloves. Then go open a door.
- Make Up Your Own: Put on a pair of mittens or gloves. Then go do something. Anything! Just keep those gloves on while you do it.
After the activity, please take a moment to reflect on your experiences.
- Some potential questions:
- How was the task different with a disability?
- Can people with disabilities still accomplish tasks?
- When you were playing the game, did you have to ask for help? Did you still have fun?
- Any other thoughts or insights?
Here’s a playlist of additional videos to watch about Down syndrome or about people with Down syndrome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFmphpHS3Vg&list=PLNVopoV8xm1YlSGDMG32MZuP1hmA__6j9